AAC serves as the Prime Subcontractor for the construction of a Fire Station in Klamath Falls, Oregon. In addition to the 17,350 square foot building, the project also includes an interior mezzanine of approximately 1,400 additional square feet. The Fire Station includes administrative office space, training rooms, locker rooms, restrooms, laundry facilities, a kitchen, an equipment storage room, bunkrooms and a shared living area. Exterior spaces include an apparatus bay consisting of four drive-through bays at two vehicles deep. Project includes the following scopes of work:
- Associated electrical power and lighting with emergency generator backup; water and wastewater systems; intrusion detection, access control systems; and data and communications systems
- Underground utility extensions; an underground storm water detention system; concrete sidewalks, driveways and a bi-pass road.
- Building ventilation includes a vehicle exhaust system at the apparatus bay
- Fire Protection is provided by a wet pipe sprinkler system and fire alarm.
- Site finishing includes soils, trees, plantings, and shrubbery.
- Project is being built to meet US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification.